Thursday, September 30, 2004

Tonight's Debate

I know everyone is talking about it already. I know that there are blogs with much more insight than mine that are discussing it. Be that as it may, I am going to mention tonight's debate anyway because all the other kids are and I don't want to be teased for being different.

Now that we have that out of the way, I would like to say that I am looking forward to this debate with great anticipation because the President is going to wallop Senator Kerry with a virtual tour de force of elocution and oration the likes of which this tired Earth has not seen since the grand statesmen of old.

How can I say this? Easy.

President Bush is not going to be simply reading words that some hireling scribbled for him. He actually believes in what he is doing and what he is saying. That is going to show during the debate.



Kerry only believes that he should be president. He apparently hasn't found a position on anything else that he is comfortable with....and he has pretty much covered them all at one time or another. What Kerry desperately wants us to believe is that he is for us. That he has our best interests at heart. The fact that he doesn't will also be glaringly obvious tonight when he gets his chance to yammer in front of the microphones.