Saturday, January 01, 2005

Happy New Year

I trust everyone had a pleasant night and managed to avoid all of the drunken drivers who plague our roads.

I watched the Three Stooges marathon on American Movie Classics with my son. I wish I could somehow play a recording of his laughter for you on this blog. I laughed all evening just because he was laughing.....it's really quite contagious. Anything very silly will get him giggling uncontrollably, the Tong war scene in Buster Keaton's The Cameraman or the fire ladder scene in It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world for example.

Afterwards the Bugg and I listened to the cacophonious amalgam of gunfire and fireworks that rings in the new year in these parts. It quit literally sounds like a very large firefight going on in the distance.

How and where did you bring in the new year?