Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Ah Memories!

I was reading a book last night called Born Ranger by Col. Robert W. Black, and there was a section in the book where he was describing what it was like to train at the U.S. Army's "Jump School" back in 1947. I found myself laughing at some of the things he wrote and nodding my head in recognition.

The Black Hats aren't as ornery as they used to be, but they do still have a slightly humorous sadism to how they correct foul-ups, mistakes and infractions, whether real or percieved.

What is the maximum effective range of an excuse? Zero meters, Sergeant Airborne!

Jumpers...hit it! One thousand, two thousand, three thousand, four thousand.

Check...can o' peas! Drop...Drop...Drop!!! You there Airborne, Drop and beat your #@%$ Face...You don't have a can of peas!!!

Ah...I miss those days!