Monday, May 09, 2005

The Chinese Joint

Yesterday afternoon, my family all went out to eat for Mother's Day. It's our tradition to go to a Chinese restaurant because Mom likes Chinese food. Who doesn't?

We had a blast. A good time was had by one and all. I must confess having made two trips to the buffet, loving that General Tsoa's chicken as i do, and didn't have the room in my stomach to get some of the Mongolian barbeque. I just had no more room I tell ya!!!! So I had to forego that pleasure.

Toward the end of the meal, Gifts were given to Mom and as she adored each one in it's turn, the pretty little Asian gal who was our waitress came in and atrted oohing and aahing. Then she asked if we were satisfied with our food, did we want anything else....etc, etc.

Then she moved down the table and asked all of the kids if they had enjoyed their food. Then she starts talking to them and laughing with them and saying...."Oh, you are a big boy...how old are you?" Then she asks each one in turn a few questions and how old they are. I thought it was cute how she was fawning over these small children.

Soon she was gone and back again...with the check. On it was the price for each kid calibrated by age. She never asked the parents how old the kids were....she went right to the source!

That was wiley and stealthy....you GOTTA respect that!