Friday, June 17, 2005

I Got Stuck With A Meme

Salty ole Guy S., of Snugg Harbor fame, has requested that I participate in a meme. It will be the first on this blog and since it involves a subject near and dear to me, taking up the baton from Guy will be no hardship at all.

1.) Total number of books I own.

There are one hundred and fifty-nine on the shelves in my room at this time. Another large portion is in storage and a few select volumes are on loan to close friends. This is, of course, nowhere near to encompassing the exact number of books I have read though you will find no books on my shelves that do not greatly interest me as space is at a premium for the present.

2.) Last book I bought.

Actually, I didn't buy this book. It was given to me by my brother. It is An End To Evil by David Frum and Richard Perle.

3.) Last book I read.

The last book I read was On War by Carl von Clausewitz. More precisely, I was re-reading chapter VII, Friction In War. I am presently at the crisis in the novel Black Orchids by Rex Stout.

4. ) Five books of notable influence on me.

If by notable influence, what are meant are books that have so profoundly impacted my thought as to change the way I interact with others and live my life for the better, I can only name one. The Holy Bible. Any other writing is simply the opinion of the author and meant to be pondered and considered; none of which I have yet found were of the necessary import to dictate the course of my affairs.

5. ) Five people to hand this meme off to.

1.) Beth of Yeah, Right, Whatever.
2.) Kyer of What's a Kyer?
3.) Bonfire
4.) Mr Minority
5.) Wallace, owner of the Big Gold Dog, over at Streams.